Freestyle Skatestore Official Blog! So I was posting on SHREDWALES.COM alot but I felt I was missing out doing my own thing, I hope to post as regularly as possible as the FREESTYLEKATESTORE.COM team riders are vast and incredibly active in the skateboarding calender, but I will also be posting up all the stoopid things that go along with skateboarding, as I once read on a beer coozie, "Sometimes skateboarding means not skateboarding."

Cwmbran Skate Comp' from 1999!

|
Those were simpler times, I was so amped when Lt Meat sent me this video, look at the talent and look at how happy we all are, Lee Dainton, Gabby, Phil Hacket, Bob, Maggots, North, Matt Davis. All filmed by Lt Meat. Up until ten years ago a hand full of local skateboarders used to meet up in Cwmbran town centre once a year for a traditional street skateboarding competition. The only prize up for grabs was respect from your peers and pride at being the best for a day (and probably a six pack of beer or two). I think this is footage was from the last proper Cwmbran comp we had. The Council then helpfully covered the place with blind bumps and concreted benches in front of the hip and the steps. Thanks Council, Thouncil.

0 comments:

Post a Comment