Freestyle Skatestore Official Blog! So I was posting on SHREDWALES.COM alot but I felt I was missing out doing my own thing, I hope to post as regularly as possible as the FREESTYLEKATESTORE.COM team riders are vast and incredibly active in the skateboarding calender, but I will also be posting up all the stoopid things that go along with skateboarding, as I once read on a beer coozie, "Sometimes skateboarding means not skateboarding."

HOW TO LOOK 50% LESS WACK! THE MALL GRAB, DONT DO IT!

|
We all know that pushing mongo or chicken is pretty much a no/no if you want to be accepted by the skateboarding community, even I have a cheeky go at pushing normally all though I think it is fair to say my skating aint winning any beauty contests.

We spend so long concentrating on looking good on the board that we forget about how we look off the board, this brings me to THE MALL GRAB.


Photo 32


You can't deny this looks wack, it makes you look like a novice or if you are older like me, it makes you look like you are carrying your kids deck for him/her. It just looks weak. We refer to the offenders as TRUCK TOUCHERS.

Photo 33

My suggestion is the grip tape out approach as this is better for your clothing as the grip tape eats clothes, ironically the mall grab is usually supported by TK Maxx No Fear/Airwalk jockys who pay about 20p for an outfit. The one advantage to THE MALL GRAB is it doesn't eat clothes.

Photo 34

I go for the grip tape in angled as the weighting seems better.

Photo 35

So anyway do what you want because skateboarding is fun, it's also fun not to have the shit ripped out of you.
Just for reference the hold I like to refer to as the THE CATALOGUE, does not look as cool as you think.

Photo 36

Next month, sticker jobs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hold it with my teeth.

Anonymous said...

I was waiting for he homo looking look, and as i scrolled down there HE was hahahah. Newport is still the number 1 player in homo skateboarding. This is a ghood thing mind.

The board holding sets the wack from the cool apart remember this next time you see some flame jean wearing scab. Mock him please skateboarders used to be way more horrible than they are these days.

Post a Comment